Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Drip Inc.

Drip Inc.: I'm 17 years old and I've been attending OSF for two semesters. This program has helped me create my own brand and has taught me the ins and outs of the skate industry. Because of OSF I now have a brand called Drip Inc. We exist to celebrate accidents and find beautify in all mistakes. 
This board is a simple box logo image with a beautiful wood grain face. It was inspired by Supreme and the Hello My Name Is stickers. The box was made with white spray paint and a tape stencil for clean edges. The face was free handed with a black paint marker. For elements and principles of design I used space and size. For space I dropped the graphic in the middle of the deck, letting a lot of the woodgrain show through. I think the wood is really beautiful and it kept the design simple. For size I tried to make the drips different sizes to make it look like liquid. The contrast between the background and the face makes the graphic stand out more. 

Overall I think the board turned out well. Next time I'll experiment with different layouts. Expect a lot more decks and some new apparel from the Drip Inc all season collection.