Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Sick Co.

I'm 18 and this is my second year at OSF and I’ll be graduating in
June before going to college for trades. This board is a zombie
version of the Shining movie scene when Jack Nicholson breaks through
the door and says “Here’s Johnny”. This fits my brand Sick Co. which
exists to release your inner sicko and defy the normal.

To make this grungy board I dipped it all black, then I cut the shape
to have actual drips at the bottom. I woodburned and added a veneer of
a raised drippy mirror. Inside this I stenciled a zombie face. I was
going to add my slime green brand colour, but then I realized I liked
the simplicity of the black white and wood grain.

I really enjoyed making this board and jigging out a unique shape. I

hope to do more in the future.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing and sunglasses