Why be bored in school? Go to a Skateboard School! This Toronto District School Board alternative school design program helps students earn high school credits and graduate by creating their own brand and running a skateboard business / professional design studio. OASIS SKATEBOARD FACTORY (OSF) "ON THE GRIND": TDSB's ART & ENTREPRENEURSHIP O.G.s since 2006!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Volcano Skate Co. Retro mini deck:


Volcano Skate Co.
Retro mini deck:
I'm 17 years old. My brand is Volcano Skate Co. The theme of my brand is to metaphorically "explode" the barriers between the individual groups in skate culture today. Brands that influence my brand are Volcom, Vans, Emerica, Mystery, and Fallen.
​Materials that I used to make this mini include: seven plies of hard rock maple and a vacuum bag to press my board into the best shape possible. For the graphic I used snail pink spray paint, painters tape to make a stencil, and a wood burner. I used a semicircle to draw your eyes from the top to the bottom of the board. I chose a lighter pink to allow my wood burned design to pop and to not allow it to be under appreciated.
​I am satisfied with the result, although there are some things I could've improved on such as paying more attention to the sanding of the sides of the board, as well as letting the paint dry fully before moving it or touching it. All in all its a very nice mini skateboard and I'lll be sure to ride it to it's death.
Image may contain: 1 person